Keto Meatloaf – Stuffed w/ Goat Cheese & Spinach
I win the meatloaf contest. All other meatloafs can take a hike because this one is the best keto meatloaf… scratch that.. the BEST MEATLOAF you’ll ever eat and you can find it in The Four-Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss (amongst many other delicious, paleo and keto-friendly recipes).
Pssst.. like this recipe? Download my Keto Life Handbook / Cookbook!
Here are the ingredients (about 6 VERY FILLING servings) — only 4.2 carbs per serving.
- 2lbs fatty ground beef – preferably grass fed
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- handful of raw spinach
- 3-4 oz of che’vre goat cheese (get the long roll and you should be good!)
- 2 T tomato paste
- 4 shakes of cayenne pepper
- 3 finger pinch of oregano
- 2 three-finger pinches of salt
- 6 course grinds of pepper
- 1 sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add 2lbs of meat and 2 eggs into mixing bowl. Add finely chopped scallions, garlic and onions. Mix it up together.
- Add cayenne, oregano, salt, pepper and mix up again.
- Throw down some plastic wrap on the counter and then roll out your meat on top of it. Try to flatten it out and create a rectangle (mine was a little long) and then add the spinach and goat cheese to the middle.
Love this recipe? Retweet about it!
Attention meatloaf lovers! This meatloaf now wears the meatloaf crown! http://t.co/tWSTrljY4P
— WickedStuffed Keto (@wickedstuffed) October 9, 2013
- Using one side of the plastic wrap flap one side into the middle, and then do the same to the other, so they create a roll.
- Dress up the top with your tomato paste (or leave it dry to make it more keto friendly), sprinkle some rosemary on top.
- Cook about 50-60 minutes until the middle hits about 150 degrees.
- Cut it in half to make sure everything’s cooked!
- Cut into delicious, mouth-watering slices and enjoy!
It might not look pretty, but this is the most delicious meatloaf on the planet. I’ll try to keep remaking it and take prettier pictures next time.
Update: Here’s a prettier picture, although I’m not sure this can ever be pretty. 🙂