Today I was craving pizza and the cravings were relentless. I needed some salty cheese and sweet marinara like no other. And although the cauliflower crust pizza is delicious, it also takes some time and I was feeling lazy.
Looking in the fridge, I saw a pack of large salami and thought, hey that would make a great crust. Then I saw my pasta sauce, which I discovered at BJ’s and only has TWO net carbs per serving. Then I saw the mozzarella cheese. Winner!
The best part? The little keto pizza bites rang in at just a 1/2 carb each. Depending on your pasta sauce, they could get higher, so either take it easy on the sauce, or find a low-carb sauce you like. Here’s what I used:
- 1/4 cup Rozzano marinara
- 1/4 cup Sargento mozzarella + provolone mix
- 4 Applegate Naturals uncured genoa salami slices
I can’t emphasize the deliciousness. Roll them up and nom them down.
1. Turn on your oven broiler for 450 degrees farenheit.
2. Add your salami to a baking sheet, preferably on something non-sticky like parchment paper (as long as it says it can withstand 450 degrees)
3. Add little spoonfuls of pasta sauce to the salami and then spread it around with your spoon.
Are you making this recipe? Post your photo online and use hashtag #WickedStuffed!
4. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Pop them in the oven for 5 minutes.
6. Take them out and lay them out on a paper towel to suck up some of the grease.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)