Classic Roast Beef Keto Sandwich Wraps with Mustard
You don’t have to give up sandwiches just because you gave up carbs. These tasty Keto Sandwich Wraps are so delicious, you seriously won’t even miss the bread!
Lately, I’m discovering that bread is really not a fundamental element of a sandwich. Do I love a good bulky roll? Hell yes. But if you want to trim out, say 30-100 carbohydrates from your diet, you can replace it with lettuce and make delicious keto sandwich wraps.
And I know what you’re thinking: GROSS.
Because that’s exactly what my tubby ass thought about it too, until I realized that the best parts of a low carb sandwich are what’s inside, not on the outside.
You can use leftover roast from the holidays or freshly cut from the deli. I have to say that this is just as tasty as a sub or grinder, and that’s coming from a former carboholic. And it’s only 2 whole carbs.
Low-Carb Sandwich w/ Roast Beef
Prep Time: 3 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 3 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs|262 Calories | 14g Fat | 2g Carbs | 31g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 4 oz roast beef (You can use leftovers or get some fresh from the deli)
- 1 large leaf of lettuce (Iceberg or Bib lettuce works best)
- 1 slice of Gouda cheese
- mustard to taste
- Starting with a large leaf of lettuce, lay down so it sits like a cup, ready to take on some fillings.
- Lay down your roast beef, then gouda, and some mustard (a bit of mayo tastes good too). If you’d like you can also add a thin slice of tomato and red onion.
- Like a burrito, fold in the ends first, and then roll up your sandwich meats into the lettuce. Depending on the size of your lettuce leaf, you can use a knife to slice it down the middle making it even easier to eat and stay together.
- If packing for a lunch, consider starting with tinfoil or parchment paper underneath so you can wrap it up easily afterward. You can also use toothpicks to hold it together if you have more fickle leaves and it needs to travel.