Get Toasty With the Best Keto Chicken Soup Recipe Ever
Today I made something heavenly. It was hot, it was salty, it had protein, it had a single carb per serving, it made me feel warm and toasty, and really, really full. Enjoy this tasty, brothy, Parmesan-based keto chicken soup recipe with a touch of Chardonnay and no noodles.
If I dare say so, it’s the best keto chicken soup recipe out there! The parmesan and chopped fresh rosemary really add that extra special something. Slurp it out of a big mug or bowl, but no matter what your vessel, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
I take little credit for the recipe as a whole, as it was adapted from a chicken soup recipe I got from Fox Run Vineyard a couple weekends ago, who adapted it from Paula Deen. I basically keto-ized it and it’s now a glorious treat!
The Best Keto Chicken Soup Recipe Ever
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 55 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 160 Calories | 5g Fat | 1g Carbs | 19g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 3-4 chicken breast halves
- 3.5 quarts of water
- 1, peeled and diced onion
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2, sliced lemon
- 3, minced garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2/3 cup chardonnay
- 2 tsp, chopped rosemary
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Add the chicken breast, broth, diced onion, Italian seasoning, sliced lemon, minced garlic, bay leaves, and chicken bouillon cubes to a large soup pot.
- Cook the chicken in the mixture until the chicken is fully cooked and reaches 180 degrees (about 30-45 minutes). Take the chicken out of the water, wait until it cools, and shred it / pull it apart with a fork.
- Meanwhile, strain the broth through a colander into a large bowl and throw away the solids and pour the broth back into the pot.
- Put the parmesan cheese, cream, chardonnay, chopped fresh parsley and rosemary, and salt and pepper into a bowl and combine.
- Add the parmesan mixture to the broth in the pot, mix and cook for 10 minutes on low. Then add the shredded chicken to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can’t get enough soup? Be sure to try my Zero-Carb Egg Drop Soup Recipe next.