Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf (Grain-Free, Low Carb + Keto)
I’m pretty much a buffalo addict. Every time I eat at a restaurant, I dive directly into the appetizer menu to look for buffalo wings. And now that I’m doing keto, I also ask if I can get them unbreaded which is usually a 50/50 split.
For Easter my sis-in-law brought over these buffalo chicken meatballs she found on Pinterest and they were delicious. I was immediately reminded of my favorite goat cheese stuffed meatloaf and inspired to make a buffalo chicken meatloaf.
Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 394 Calories | 29g Fat | 2g Carbs | 31g Protein | 1g Fiber
For the chicken:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup, crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup, chopped onion
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp almond flour
For the filling:
- 1 cup, plus extra for garnish, crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup, chopped celery
- 1/4 cup, chopped carrots
For the buffalo sauce:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 4, minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 grind of cracked black pepper
Start by making the meatloaf:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chicken, crushed pork rinds, old bay, onions, parsley and almond flour in a bowl.
- Cut a large piece of parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray (I use a coconut oil spray)
- Chicken mixture will be moist, but try to lay it out into a large rectangle.
- In the middle, add celery, carrots and bleu cheese.
- Use one side of the parchment paper to lift one side of the meatloaf and fold it over.
- Do the same to the other side.
- Use the paper or your hands to smooth the meatloaf and close up the ends.
- Put in the oven until cooked through 180 degrees.
While your meatloaf is cooking, make the buffalo sauce:
- Add butter to a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter melts, stir the ingredients together and turn off the heat. Mix and then let sit, melding together, for another couple minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or toss over your favorite wings, cauliflower, or anything else you want to spice up!
- Once the meatloaf has reached 180 degrees, drizzle buffalo sauce and sprinkle extra blue cheese over the top to your taste preferences. Serve your buffalo chicken meatloaf with blue cheese dressing on the side and enjoy.
This recipe uses my favorite Buffalo Sauce recipe. Try it out and let me know your favorite way to eat it in the comments.
Originally published in 2015.