I’m pretty much a buffalo addict. Every time I eat at a restaurant, I dive directly into the appetizer menu to look for buffalo wings. And now that I’m doing keto, I also ask if I can get them unbreaded which is usually a 50/50 split.
For Easter my sis-in-law brought over these buffalo chicken meatballs she found on Pinterest and they were delicious. I was immediately reminded of my favorite goat cheese stuffed meatloaf and inspired to make a buffalo chicken meatloaf.
Although this recipe is downright delicious, don’t underestimate the importance of parchment paper. Ground chicken is sticky and wet, and no amount of crushed pork rinds will stop it from being sticky. Follow the instructions exactly and you’ll end up with a delicious new recipe for the buffalo chicken lovers in your life! You can also use your favorite buffalo sauce instead of making your own, I won’t tell!
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I'm a Frank's loyalist!)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for the non-mild version)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 grind of fresh pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chicken, crushed pork rinds, old bay, onions, parsley and almond flour in a bowl.
- Cut a large piece of parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray (I use coconut oil spray)
- Chicken mixture will be moist, but try to lay it out into a large rectangle.
- In the middle, add celery, carrots and bleu cheese.
- Use one side of the parchment paper to lift one side of the meatloaf and fold it over.
- Do the same to the other side.
- Use the paper or your hands to smooth the meatloaf and close up the ends.
- Put in the oven until cooked through 180 degrees.
- While your meatloaf is cooking, add your garlic and butter to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat up the butter and garlic mixture in the microwave or on the stove (microwave is faster!)
- Once melted into a clear liquid consistency, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Once meatloaf has reached 180 degrees, drizzle buffalo sauce and sprinkle extra blue cheese over the top to your taste preferences. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
Originally published in 2015.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)