On keto I rarely crave any type of bread anymore, but I do crave dipping oils. And there’s not much to dip in oil without bread. That’s where a keto edamame fix has been my best friend lately, because the major advantage of edamame is that you can dress it up in any delicious flavor you want and….suck it off the pod. Great!
So I came up with this little combo that has been helping me kick those cravings. Edamame isn’t super keto-friendly, but if you buy the little one-serving packs, are 4-5 net carbs per pack which isn’t bad.
Garlic & Parmesan Keto Edamame
- Cook edamame as directed by the package (usually steamed in the microwave)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook on low until the garlic starts to brown and then take off immediately
- Add cooked edamame to the pan and toss
- Add 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese to a bowl
- Pour edamame into bowl and toss with cheese.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)