Keto Edamame: A Crave-Busting Garlic & Parmesan Snack
On keto, I rarely crave any type of bread anymore, but I do crave dipping oils. And there’s not much to dip in oil without bread. That’s where a keto edamame fix has been my best friend lately because the major advantage of edamame is that you can dress it up in any delicious flavor you want and….suck it off the pod. Great! So I came up with this little combo that has been helping me kick those cravings. Edamame isn’t super keto-friendly, but if you buy the little one-serving packs, are 4-5 net carbs per pack which isn’t bad.
Garlic & Parmesan Keto Edamame
Prep Time: 3 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes | Total Time: 7 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 4g Net Carbs| 184 Calories | 16g Fat | 6g Carbs | 5g Protein | 2g Fiber
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Frozen bag of edamame with sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Cook edamame as directed by the package (usually steamed in the microwave).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook on low until the garlic starts to brown and then take off immediately.
- Add cooked edamame to the pan and toss.
- Add 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese to a bowl.
- Pour edamame into a bowl and toss with cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check the rest of my site out for other keto tips and recipes. One of my favorite staple dinners is my Basic B Keto Dinner: “Breaded” Crispy Chicken, Whipped Cauliflower & Lemon Pepper Arugula Salad. Try it out and let me know what you think.