If I have to eat one more fried egg… Well, I’ll be fine, but I don’t want to. I love deviled eggs, even scrambled eggs once in a while, but one month into keto and I’m already over eggs as a source of protein.
That is, until I had a craving for chinese food. Knowing good and well that there was nothing healthy I could eat or even pretend to be healthy from a chinese place around here, I remembered my favorite chinese soup – egg drop!
I literally had no idea how to make it, so I winged it and it tasted exactly like the real thing. In fact, it tasted better!
Servings: 2 | Carbs / Sugar: 0
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of bone broth OR 4 cups of water + 2 large boullion cubes
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Scramble 2 eggs in a bowl with some fresh pepper and set aside.
- Add bone broth and a pinch of red pepper flakes to a small pot on the stove over high heat.
- Once boiling, slowly stir in the egg mixture and continue to mix until it boils again.
You’re done! I’ve never had such an easy and tasty lunch. If you have scallions, I’m sure they’d make a lovely addition or garnish. I feel like there are always scallions in the ones at the restaurants.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)