Zero-Carb Egg Drop Soup Recipe – Keto Friendly!
If I have to eat one more fried egg… Well, I’ll be fine, but I don’t want to. I love deviled eggs, even scrambled eggs once in a while, but it didn’t take too long after keto to be so over eggs as a source of protein. Are you sick of eggs? I was too until I decided to make Egg Drop soup! Not only will it satisfy your Chinese cravings, But It will also be your new favorite way to eat eggs!
Knowing good and well that there was nothing healthy I could eat or even pretend to be healthy from a Chinese place around here, I remembered my favorite Chinese soup – egg drop! This recipe is so easy, and so keto, you will wish you had known how to make it sooner! I winged it based on flavor, and it tasted exactly like the real thing. In fact, it tasted better!
Zero-Carb Egg Drop Soup
Prep Time: 2 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts: .5g Net Carbs| 56 Calories | 5g Fat | 0g Carbs | 3g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups of bone broth
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp, sliced scallions
- Scramble 2 eggs in a bowl with a few cranks of fresh pepper and set aside.
- Add bone broth and a pinch of red pepper flakes to a small pot on the stove over high heat.
- Once boiling, slowly stir in the egg mixture and continue to mix until it boils again.
- Remove from stove and add salt and pepper to taste. If you used bone broth, you will need more salt than if you used bouillon.
- Divide sliced scallions in half, and garnish each bowl. Enjoy!