This week started a new year of Keto (let’s be honest, nobody started Thursday) and so this week I’ve been experimenting with new ideas as well. First off, you saw how my foray into oopsie bread went and I’m not going back to that.
Bacon, however, is loaded with everything we need on a keto diet – it’s full of fat and the good stuff doesn’t have any carbs. Win-win, yeah? The bacon bread part is easy.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a package of bacon and cut the bacon in half, right down the middle.
- Set up a cookie pan lined with greased tinfoil or parchment paper.
- Use four to six slices (depending on how big you want them) and weave them together to create these little bacon bread tops and bottoms.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 23 minutes.
- Take the bacon bread out of the oven and remove with a spatula so they don’t break.
- Pat down with a paper towel and allow to cool for about five minutes.
- Now, start making something with them!
I’ve been craving peanut butter sandwiches, so my original idea for this was to create a little peanut butter sandwich. But once my “bread” started coming together, I just had to keep going.
If you create a batch of these bacon weaves, then you can basically eat them all day, starting with breakfast. Next, it only seemed right to make a bacon egg and cheese. It was hard to pick a favorite, but I think this one might be at least tied for first place.
For lunch, it’s only right to make a delicious chicken caesar, right?
Finally, the peanut butter bacon bread sandwich that inspired it all for dessert. It was lovely. I use Teddy peanut butter because it’s super low carb naturally.
How else might you use bacon bread for good (and sometimes evil?) I’d love to know!