Low Carb Hot Chocolate Recipe: Coconut Dark Chocolate Deliciousness!
A delicious, creamy low carb hot chocolate treat for after shoveling, or just when you feel like it! Who says you can’t treat yourself to some chocolate every once in a while? Not me.
This past week my little neck of Rhode Island got a few feet of snow. With the snow drifts caused by wind, there were parts of the driveway we shoveled that were almost over our heads. I’m not especially tall, but that’s a lot of snow!
After the second day of snow and wind, and shoveling and then re-shoveling the snow when it blew back into place (us New Englander’s shovel every couple of hours during a storm!) I thought I deserved some damn hot chocolate! So I cooked up this little recipe, and it was lovely. It has 5 total net carbs, all from the dark chocolate chips. Get yourself some Dagoba Organic 73% Cacao Chocodrops. They’re the bomb and have only 5 net carbs for 15 large chips.
Low Carb Hot Chocolate Recipe
Prep Time: 2 minutes| Cooking Time: 3 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 5g Net Carbs| 182 Calories | 17g Fat | 8g Carbs | 2g Protein | 3g Fiber
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
- 1 tbsp Dagoba Organic 73% Cacao Chocodrops (about 15 large chips)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (or shea butter – yum!)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Bring the coconut almond milk to a steaming simmer over medium heat
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until completely dissolved and smooth (may take a few minutes)
- Add the coconut oil or shea butter
- Pour into a mug and top with heavy cream.
- Mix and enjoy!