Low Carb Cajun Cauli Hash
You won’t regret this delicious Cajun Cauli Hash breakfast treat that can also be eaten for dinner!
This is the best way to eat cauliflower, saturated in Cajun and pastrami seasoning. This Cajun Cauli Hash dish is the most remarkable low carb breakfast I’ve had so far. I’m so bummed I didn’t invent it myself! Nope, it has minor variations on flavor, ingredients and carb counts, but this gem was inspired by Sprinkled Side Up’s Cauliflower Pastrami Hash. This Cajun Cauli Hash is so darn good.
Low Carb Cajun Cauli Hash Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 5g Net Carbs| 189 Calories | 14g Fat | 11g Carbs | 6g Protein | 6g Fiber
- 2 tbs olive oil or ghee
- 1/2 onion (chopped into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1lb bag frozen cauliflower (steamed and then chopped into small even chunks)
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 8 oz shaved red pastrami (chopped into 1″ slices)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped into 1/4 inch pieces)
- In your olive oil/ghee, saute your chopped onions for five minutes over medium heat.
- After five minutes, saute your garlic for about a minute, being careful not to burn it.
- Squeeze any excess water from your steamed and chopped cauliflower ( cheesecloth is great for this, but some paper towels may be too) and add it to the saute’ for five to ten minutes until it begins to brown and get crispy.
- Add Cajun seasoning and mix. then, add chopped pastrami and green peppers.
- Toss and cook until hot all around (about 5 minutes), then add to bowls.
- Fry an egg sunny side up, add to the top of your bowls and dash with more cajun seasoning. Enjoy!