This dish is the most remarkable low carb breakfast dish I’ve had so far, and I’m so bummed I didn’t invent it myself! Nope, it has minor variations on flavor, ingredients and carb counts, but this gem was inspired by Sprinkled Side Up’s Cauliflower Pastrami Hash. It’s so darn good.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1/2 onion (chopped into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1lb bag frozen cauliflower (steamed and then chopped into small even chunks)
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 8oz shaved red pastrami (chopped into 1" slices)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped into 1/4 inch pieces)
- In your olive oil/ghee, saute' your chopped onions for five minutes over medium heat.
- After five minutes, saute your garlic for two minutes.
- Squeeze any excess water from your steamed and chopped cauliflower and add it to the saute' for five to ten minutes until it begins to brown and get crispy.
- Add cajun seasoning and mix.
- Add chopped pastrami and green peppers.
- Toss and cook until hot all around (about 5 minutes.)
- Add to bowls.
- Fry an egg sunny side up, add to the top of your bowls, and dash with more cajun seasoning.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)