Tri-Tip Ginger Lime Steak Kebabs w/Mushrooms & Red Peppers
These steak kebabs are ideal for a cookout, but also make a fresh and flavorful dinner any time of the year.
Tri-tip is a great cut for steak kebabs as it can be as tender as ribeye, for the cost of sirloin (or less). Cut it into 2-inch cubes and dress it in this ginger-lime marinade. Once grilled they are super tender and packed with flavor.
Tri-Tip Ginger Lime Steak Kabobs w/Mushrooms & Red Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 1 hour to marinade | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 5g Net Carbs| 508 Calories | 26g Fat | 7g Carbs | 63g Protein | 2g Fiber
Note: Most of the carb count here is in the marinade, not the dish itself.
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (2-pound) grass-fed tri-tip steak, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups halved white button mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into squares
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, garlic salt, ginger, and cumin. Add the tri-tip, mushrooms, and red peppers. Toss well and set aside to marinate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Skewer the marinated steak cubes between the mushroom and red peppers.
- Grill the kebabs for about 5 minutes on each side. serve on or off the skewer.