Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs – my first love! I probably wouldn’t eat many eggs at all, if it weren’t for deviled eggs! And what’s nice about this recipe is that it works in some healthy fats from avocado so you don’t have to feel so bad about eating mayo. A little salt and freshly cracked pepper (get yourself a peppermill!) and these bacon avocado deviled eggs are pure gold.
Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
Servings: 6 (2 whole eggs make one serving)
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 110 Calories | 8g Fat | 2g Carbs | 8g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 12 eggs, boiled, shelled, and sliced in half the long way
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 ripe avocado, medium-sized
- In a skillet, cook one slice of bacon (you can also use a microwave) until nice and crispy. Crumble, set aside, and reserve bacon fat. Yes, you’re welcome to make a whole package to gobble at a later date, just reserve about 1/2 tsp of bacon fat. You need bacon fat for the filling or else it will be too dry. You can also use extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice your eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- In a bowl, combine the yolks from each egg, bacon fat, and avocado. Add salt to taste.
- Organize the egg halves on a plate or serving tray, and spoon or pipe the filling into each egg. Top with crumbled bacon and a whisp of freshly cracked pepper at the end, and serve!