Garlicky Lebanese Chicken Thighs
This Garlicky Lebanese Chicken Thighs recipe is for my fellow garlic lovers. You’ll fall in love with these chicken thighs baked in garlic, oil, and onions, and broiled to create the perfect crispy skin. All I know is there can never be too much garlic. Never in my life have I said “this is too garlicky” or “I can’t eat this, my breath will stink and nobody will like me.” Nope. People be damned, I will eat ALL the garlic.
This recipe is so simple that I make it weekly. I’ve also learned to freeze my (pre-peeled) garlic cloves so they don’t burn. I know you’ll love this Garlicky Lebanese Chicken Thighs recipe for its deliciousness and also its simplicity! The cloves of garlic will turn into pillows of amazingness!
I’ve also made it with half the chicken (breasts + drumsticks) and it turned out lovely too, BUT I like the thighs better. They’re crispy and moist and just seem to really absorb all the flavors perfectly in their small portions.
Garlicky Lebanese Chicken Thighs Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
Nutritional Facts: 11g Net Carbs| 544 Calories | 40g Fat | 12g Carbs | 30g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 Vidalia onion cut into quarters.
- A handful of baby carrots
- 2 Roma tomatoes cut in half
- 15 whole cloves of garlic
- Juice of one fresh lemon (sift the seeds out)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Glaze the bottom of a cast-iron pan with about two teaspoons of garlic olive oil.
- Add the four chicken thighs together, but try to give them space.
- In between the thighs, wedge in your onions, carrots, garlic cloves and tomatoes. Add at least one or two garlic cloves on top of the thighs.
- Juice the lemon over the thighs.
- Drizzle more garlic oil over the top of the thighs (about two tbsp)
- Drizzle the ghee over the thighs.
- Generously sprinkle oregano over the dish, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and cook for 20 minutes until cooked to 165 degrees.
- Increase oven to Broil (to crisp up the skins) and cook for five minutes or until crispy.
- Remove and enjoy!