One of the first things most people learn to make on keto is keto pancakes. But one morning when I was, perhaps, not fully awake and acting like I’d never seen a frying pan before, turned my keto pancakes into a hot mess. So I said, hey, screw it, and I decided to scramble them instead.
I’ll tell you what, I haven’t made many pancakes since, because I’m all about optimizing my time, and scrambled pancakes are the way to go! To make life easier, I recently learned that the Cinnamon Vanilla shakes from Keto Bars can be used in place of half the ingredients in my usual recipe. This weekend I was like, hey, I wooooonder? So I tried it. And it was ahhhh-mazing.
So here is that recipe. And I’ve also included regular ingredients in case you don’t have their shakes on hand (I highly recommend the CInnamon Vanilla, it tastes like a hot chai!)
- 8 large eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened, this is important)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 8 slices of bacon (freshly cooked and crumbled)
- 1 package Cinnamon Vanilla Shake by KetoBars
- (alternatively, 4 tbsp coconut flour or whey protein powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 4 packets of your favorite sweetener like Stevia in the Raw, Truvia, Splenda Naturals, or other)
- coconut oil or ghee
- salted butter
- sugar-free syrup (optional)
- strawberries (optional)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee and let melt.
- Once hot, add your pancake mixture.
- Let cook for a minute or two until you can see it's begun to bubble, then use a spatula to scrape the bottom and move the mixture around.
- Continue to disrupt and shuffle just like you would scrambled eggs.
- Once all of the egg is ready, separate into four bowls.
- Top with crumbled bacon, and a few slices of salted butter. Top with sugar-free syrup if you have something keto-friendly, and enjoy!
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)