Chicken Salad Picnic Eggs (Low Carb, Keto)
I don’t know about you, but I love to make a batch of deviled eggs and eat it them throughout the week. They’re pretty easy to make, and they’re ready for you when you need them – breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. Know what else is always there for you when you need it? Chicken salad. Combine the two and you have one of my favorite snacks, Chicken Salad Picnic Eggs.
And what’s so great about chicken salad is that I never have to buy chicken for it, I just use my leftovers from other chicken dishes throughout the week. This week we bought a pre-roasted chicken at the store, and used the leftovers for this recipe! Easy peasy.
Since National Picnic Day is coming up, I thought I’d call these Chicken Salad Picnic Eggs – perfect to pack and bring with you! Here’s a scrumptious chicken salad recipe using some of my favorite ingredients (dill! lemon pepper!) and it’s cradled in a boiled egg, perfect for munching on as you need them — or right away if you can’t resist!
Chicken Salad Picnic Eggs
Prep Time: 20 minutes| Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs| 425 Calories | 29g Fat | 2g Carbs | 36g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded + finely chopped chicken
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- a pinch of celery salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- Mix all ingredients (except for the eggs!) together until well mixed.
- Refrigerate your chicken salad.
- Boil, steam, or bake your eggs. Shell, cool, and cut in half.
- Toss, save (or eat!) your yolks.
- Fill your egg halves with chicken salad, just like you would a deviled egg.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning