Broccoli salad seems to be my thing this month. It’s September and I’m supposed to be drowning myself in a hot bath of unsweetened, extra-creamy pumpkin spice lattes, but all I can think of is fresh broccoli bathed in mayo and delectable accoutrements. And so fresh it is! I hope you enjoy this recipe. The longer it marinates, the better it gets!
Serves: 4 (1 cup per serving)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Net Carbs 6g | Calories: 212 | Fat: 16g | Carbs: 9 | Fiber: 3g | Protein: 10g
- 4 heaping cups chopped broccoli (about 1 to 1.5 large heads of broccoli)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, sliced and chopped into 1/4" bites
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 6 slices of bacon (baked and then crumbled)
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce (depending on your spice preference)
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and toss.
- Store in a sealed container for at least two hours, then enjoy!
- Choose ingredients with low to no carbs. Your cheese, mayo, sriracha sauce and apple cider vinegar should have 0 to 1 carb.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)