“Ain’t nothin’ gonna break-a my stride…Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no …I got to keep on movin’….”
Confession: I’m either 8 years old or 100 years old and I love gelatin. But jiggly gelatin-based foods aren’t super cool on keto given all the yucko ingredients, so I’ve been feeling repressed. REPRESSED BY THE GELATIN. So, I might have broken into song when I realized that I could turn my new favorite keto drink mix into gelatin.
See.. I LOVE this Cream Cheese Ambrosia recipe, but I’ve always been a little upset that my only real option is sugar-free Jello full of junky ingredients. So when Everly popped up with their stevia and erythritol-based drink mixes, I was like OH SNAP. TASTY HYDRATION AND I CAN TOTALLY MAKE JIGGLERS OUTTA THIS! (Oh and by the way they make caffeinated versions for some zippy jigglers).
So you betcha, that was the first thing I made when I decided to make a recipe using their drink mix. I also made a few other things, which I’ll share with you the rest of the month. But if you haven’t already, I HIGHLY recommend ordering their sampler pack. If you order through this link you’ll save 20% because they’re my sponsor this month! Lucky you! And me!
- Prepare a 9x9" glass dish (or 9x13" for thinner blocks as shown)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of cold water with 4 packets gelatin. Mix and then let sit for 1 minute to thicken.
- In a larger bowl, combine 3 cups boiling water with Everly drink mix. Mix until dissolved.
- Add small bowl of gelatin to large bowl of hot drink, and mix gently until combined.
- Pour into your glass dish to set, and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- When firm, slice into squares, and remove gently with a silicone spatula.
- Store in an air-tight covered container and keep refrigerated until serving.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)