Stuffed Mozzarella Chicken w/ Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic
If there’s one thing I love about having an herb garden it’s that I can take prettier photos. I know it sounds vain, but like, how much better does this photo look with a little sprig of oregano in the background? You know I’m usually not about the garnish for the sake of a garnish, but in this case, I used the heck out of that oregano in this recipe and it came out awesome. And I feel like you’ll see this now and be like dammmmmn I need to try that. And you do, because it’s good. Without the sprig, who knows what you would have thought? It would have been a sprigless shame.
The roasted red pepper, which you can find in a jar, or you can roast yourself, will melt in your mouth after it’s baked into the stuffed mozzarella chicken with garlic cloves and fresh basil. You’ll like this one, even if you think you don’t like red peppers, you’ll like it. I swear, it all melds together here in the best way possible. I love this Stuffed Mozzarella Chicken recipe. Not only is it super simple, but it’s fresh and light, despite mounds of mozzarella.
Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Stuffed Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 7g Net Carbs| 258 Calories | 21g Fat | 8g Carbs | 15g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (bonus if you have garlic-infused olive oil)
- 2 boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 8 small herb marinated mozzarella balls (like you find in the deli section)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 roasted pepper, sliced in half the long way
- 1 tbsp all-purpose chicken seasoning (or your favorite seasoning for chicken)
- a pinch of garlic salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tbsp Italian seasoning)
Recipe note: If you can’t find the mini mozzarella balls that are marinated in oil and herbs in your fresh deli section or olive bar, feel free to use a regular ball of mozzarella cut into 4 slices.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pound slightly and then butterfly the chicken breasts
- Place fresh basil in each of the breasts, then top with 4 mozzarella balls each, and squeeze garlic cloves between them.
- Top with 1/2 of red pepper on top of the mozzarella.
- Drizzle the marinated oil from the mozzarella over the breasts if you like, otherwise drizzle with olive oil / garlic olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning, a decent dose of garlic salt and ground pepper over breasts.
- The sprinkle chopped oregano over the whole thing.
- Place in a glass baking dish, or on a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until internal temp reaches 180 degrees F.