A few weeks ago, my new sis in law brought over this amazing fruit and chocolate whipped cream dessert which she made special with heavy whipping cream, cocoa and stevia. I was so madly in love with it I wanted to ask her for the recipe, but ended up concocting this little “shortcake” recipe one night attempting to do it on my own.
Rest assured, this recipe is simple as can be and only takes a few minutes, but does require at least 30 minutes or so of refrigeration so the crust becomes a perfect little treat. So here goes, I know you’re going to love it, the almond flour tastes JUST like shortbread in this combo.
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup cream
- If you use sweetener: 1 tsp sugar free vanilla syrup
- Add the almond meal and butter to a mug and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix together and flatten to the bottom of your mug, using the bottom of a spoon so that it resembles a flat crust.
- Chop up a cup of strawberries (about 4 large strawberries).
- Add to the mug and press down.
- Blend your heavy cream (and sweetener if you use it).
- Add to the to the mug and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (the crust needs to cool + become shortbread-like).
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)