Have you ever had ooey gooey butter cake? There are a jillion recipes for it out there but they all tie into three ingredients: sugar, butter, and sometimes cream cheese. One day after a friend of mine was on a things-I-can’t-eat-on-keto recipe sharing binge, I thought to myself: OK, enough. It’s time to get on this, KETO STYLE.
As it turns out, it’s never been a very complicated recipe with regular grains and sugar, so it’s a very simple ketogenic recipe, as well! And it’s super filling, so you can cut it into 12 servings or more. And it’s goooooood! And also, best when chilled for at least two hours.
When I first started using Steviva, my first impression was that this was the first Stevia/Erythritol blend that didn’t feel overpowering with the cooling effect that can come with some other products I’ve tried. The only downside is eating too many treats. 🙂
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp Steviva Blend (Fine)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Steviva Blend (Fine)
- 2 large eggs
- 8oz cream cheese (softened / melted)
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter (melted)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 9" pie plate.
- In a bowl, combine crust ingredients, then press into the bottom of pie plate.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer and cream together pie filling.
- Pour pie filling over the crust in the pie plate.
- Put into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until top is brown. (It's OK if it feels slightly jiggy in the middle.)
- Once removed from the oven refrigerate for at least two hours to set, then enjoy!
- This is a keto adaptation to the popular ooey gooey butter cake recipes we know and love.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)