Low-Carb Apple Cider Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
This recipe is so, so, so quick and this salad makes an excellent side dish to a steak or other meaty dish.
I never thought I’d ever say this, but I love brussels sprouts … even though I have to write “brussels” like it’s a plural every time and it drives me crazy. I’m being bratty in my title because I know that people spell it incorrectly when they look for a recipe like this. That’s the perk of being an online marketing analyst by day and a food blogger by night.
Anyway… it’s taking me some time to acquire a taste for cooked brussels sprouts, but in raw form, I’m loving them. This shaved brussels sprout salad recipe is a new favorite side dish to go with steak.
I’ve been trying to incorporate October-y things into my keto recipes, so today I’m working in apples without actually working in apples. Meet our cheat: apple cider vinegar.
You’ll be able to make two sides of this salad with this recipe, or one meal salad. I think it makes a more interesting side than a main dish. I also had it as a snack tonight, so you can do that too!
Apple Cider Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs| 51 Calories | 3g Fat | 4g Carbs | 2g Protein | 2g Fiber
- 6 brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp grapeseed or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesan
- cracked black pepper
- First, wash your brussels sprouts.
- Next, cut your brussels sprouts in half, the long way, cutting through the root. Don’t cut the root off just yet, it’s what holds all the leaves together.
- ￼Now, cut thin slices in the opposite direction across, and toss out the root once you get to it.
- Toss into a bowl to mix and break up by hand.
- Add apple cider, oil, salt, and pepper, and mix together.
- ￼Now, sprinkle with your parmesan cheese and mix that together.
- Serve and enjoy!