I’ve always been a lover of beef stew, but to be honest, even before my keto days, I always hated how those smooshy potatoes would get all up in my grill when all I wanted was some meaty broth. And you know when you’re at some little diner or restaurant and get the beef stew you’re like 85% likely to get two bites of actual meat and a thousand bites of that m’f’n potato.
Well, problem solved, dears. This is one meaty arsed soup. And it’s true to the name. BEEF. STEW. This recipe took years to perfect and now I crave it when it’s not in my crockpot. It’s slightly spicy (and totally adjustable). Those last two hours on low after getting pulled apart are key.
- 1.5lbs Beef Stew meet (may also be called "stew beef")
- 2 14.5oz cans chili-ready diced tomatoes (organic)
- 1 tbsp chili mix - pre-packaged or one you make yourself.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- salt (to taste)
- Turn your crockpot on to high.
- Add all ingredients and mix.
- Cook for 6 hours on high.
- After 6 hours, break up meat with a fork and pull apart within the crockpot.
- If you think it needs salt, now is the time to add it to your taste (I added only a pinch).
- Then, cook for two hours on low and enjoy!
- Net Carbs: 9g
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 27g
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)