A Crunchy Fresh Keto Cereal Recipe
Do you crave cereal as much as I do? I mean, I rarely even ate cereal before, but now that I can’t have it, I miss it. The same goes for chocolate and ice cream which I never, ever would have craved in the past. Now, when I’m having a bad day, I just want an ice cream cone. Possibly covered in a Hershey’s bar.
Not to say that keto isn’t a craving killer—it is. But just like quitting smoking, the longer you’re off the bad stuff, the further apart the cravings get. When you’re only packing in 20 carbs per day, you’re never hungry. At least I’m not. It actually takes work to cook up a craving most days. My weaknesses are movies that are seriously lacking in the salty fluffy popcorn department.
But I digress…
Cereal. I’ve figured that one out. I’ve posted keto cereal once before, but have drastically improved the already basic formula so I wanted to post again.
I love strawberries, and adding two to my bowl of fresh keto cereal is just enough sugar without overdoing it. The total net carb count on this is 5 grams, with 5 grams of fiber! Since it’s good to pack your carbs into the morning, this is a good excuse to toss in a couple of tasty strawberries. This fresh keto cereal is perfect to eat while watching Saturday morning cartoons!
Crunchy Fresh Keto Cereal
Prep Time: 1 minute | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 6 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 5g Net Carbs| 217 Calories | 21g Fat | 10g Carbs | 2g Protein | 5g Fiber
- 1 package of Bob’s Red Mill Flaked Coconut
- If you take Stevia, this recipe can be sweetened to taste.
- unsweetened coconut almond milk
- 2 medium strawberries
- parchment paper/coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you have parchment paper, line a cookie sheet with it, if you don’t, grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil. Or, come up with your own no-stick option.
- Pour the coconut flakes onto the cookie sheet. Use two baking sheets if you want. You should spread the coconut flakes in a nice even layer.
- Cook in the oven for five minutes, watching the whole time so they don’t burn. Shuffle the flakes around and keep cooking until they’re all a little tan and lightly toasted. Take out the flakes.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you want to use Stevia, sprinkle VERY lightly. Taste test until they’re how you like them.
- Throw 1/2 cup of the toasted chips into a bowl and pour the unsweetened Almond milk over them.
- Slice up two strawberries for garnish and a little extra dash of freshness.
Another great keto cereal option is my Crunchy Trail Mix Keto Cereal recipe. Be sure to try it and let me know which one is your favorite.