Corned Beef & Cauli Hash
Traditionally, Corned Beef Hash is made with potatoes which makes it off limits for anyone on a low carb eating plan. I’ve made a few different cauliflower hash recipes, but there is something about this one that I love. I cook it in a cast iron pan to slightly crisp up the edges, and I serve it with an over easy egg and fresh cracked black pepper to bring it all together.
It doesn’t have to be St. Patrick’s Day to enjoy a nice, hot serving of Corned Beef & Cauli Hash. If you don’t have leftovers you can always use canned corned beef.
Corned Beef & Cauli Hash Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 221 Calories | 14g Fat | 2g Carbs | 23g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 3 cups cooked corned beef
- 1 head of chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 4 eggs (Just be sure to add net carbs if you do!)
- Garnish: Fresh chopped parsley
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add 1/2 inch of water, and then chopped cauliflower. Microwave for 4 minutes (or steam how you traditionally like to steam veggies)
- While the cauliflower is steaming, add the onions to the skillet to brown.
- Let cook for one minute, then add 2 tbsp of water. When water reduces, add another tbsp and keep adding while cauliflower steams (this helps soften and caramelize the onions.)
- Once cauliflower is done steaming, let sit for two minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cajun seasoning to the skillet and mix. Let meld together for 5-10 minutes until desired softness, then add cooked corned beef and toss until hot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, and top with fried eggs if you desire.