Every day I get emails from my lovely new keto squad, asking for tips and tricks, so I decided to start compiling them in one place. More importantly, I’d love for this page to grow, so please jump into the comments section and add your keto tips and tricks! I’ll also keep adding to the list as I discover new things.
- Ghee is the shizzy. I mean, butter is awesome, but ghee is amazing, especially if you throw it on steak.
- Take Omega-3! Seriously! You need to have more Omega 3 in your system than Omega-6 (all those fats you are consuming) otherwise all that oil and stuff will do you harm.
- Don’t drink alcohol unless you’re having a cheat day, because it literally stops your weight loss.
- Cream cheese is not your friend, to make anything half decent you need a ton of it and it usually has a decent amount of carbs.
- If you whisk up heavy cream and peanut butter (I like Teddie Flax PB) you can use less peanut butter to make more and create a creamy delicious mousse we like to call “Peanut Butter Delight” around here – add a little stevia if you want!
- Lemon water is awesome (helps your ph which gets screwy on keto and makes you want to drink more). I LOVE True Lemon packets.
- There are naturally low-carb dark chocolate chips out there that’ll solve any sweet craving.
- Cast iron pans will make all of your meat taste better.
- Toast coconut flakes to make keto cereal!
- Land O’ Lakes makes a whipped cream that’s sugar-free because it’s made with heavy cream. It has zero carbs and it’s amazing. Cool Whip also makes a heavy cream version that’s super low carb too, even lower than their sugar-free tub.
- Anything that’s “light” or “sugar-free” is usually still full of carbs, sometimes more than the original one.
- Don’t waste your time with low-fat anything, you need to have the highest percentage of fat in your diet, versus protein and carbohydrates otherwise, your protein will convert into sugar too.
- Don’t eat too much bacon when you start or you will grow to hate bacon. No really, I was the baconator and I can’t even smell it now.
- Make sure you’re digesting! If you’re not, you won’t lose weight and your belly will be mad at you.
- Drink boullion, or throw some coconut oil in your coffee if you need a boost. Or, if you prefer supplements, take probiotics or psyllium husk.
- Also, http://www.reddit.com/r/keto is a bible of good keto advice and stories.
- Drink a shitton of water. I hate drinking water, I practically have an aversion to fluids (other than wine), but this is a must. If you drink a lot of water you’ll lose more weight, period.
- Buy the pre-made boiled eggs in the bag to make quick and easy deviled eggs for a snack or breakfast! Most grocery stores and Walmart have them.
Now it’s your turn to make this list useful. Add your best keto tips and tricks to the comments!