The first time I tried a Nush cake, it was lemon poppyseed, I was ecstatic. Here, in front of me, was a keto-friendly snack, in travel-friendly wrapping that actually tasted like the lemon poppyseed muffin I hadn’t been able to indulge in guilt-free until this moment. Then I warmed it up and added butter (for good measure) and I think I melted as quickly as the butter did. I thought, WOW, I need to partner with Nush Cakes! Their cakes are SO GOOD!
Since then, I’ve partnered with them many times, and although they’ve discontinued the lemon poppyseed flavor (cue the tears) they’ve introduced a bunch of new ones!
These snack cakes are AWESOME. I haven’t found anything with the same moist, muffin/cake-like texture on the market so far, you’ll have a fairly hard time telling the difference, especially if you’ve been on the wagon a while!
Oh and by the way, if you use the code “wickedstuffed,” you’ll get 10% off your order!
Like I said, they recently came out with some new flavors—blueberry, cherry almond, pineapple mango, and peanut butter!
The blueberry flavor is my favorite, because it’s as close to a blueberry muffin as you can get on keto. I like to heat it up and add a little butter, then I’m in pure heaven.
The pineapple and cherry almond flavors both have the most amazing scent when you open the packet and taste exactly how you’d expect. I love how moist all of the cakes are…you’d never know you were eating keto at all!
Finally the peanut butter has a great peanut butter flavor, it would taste great with some keto-friendly cocoa syrup.
Here are all the reasons why I love Nush cakes!
- They are one of the few keto brands I trust. I know the owner is dedicated to high-quality, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- They are 2-3 net carbs, depending on the cake. And NOT because they have 30 grams of carbs and 27 grams of fiber like a lot of keto treats.
- The ingredients are straightforward and more importantly: organic-certified. That’s not an easy certification to get!
- You can make your own edits! For instance, the folks at Nush recommended putting a little low-carb cream cheese frosting (just cream cheese, non-sugar sweetener, and a drop of vanilla extract) on top of the Carrot Spice cake. Now we have dessert, my friends!
- Or zap one of the Banana Walnut cakes until it’s nice and warm and drizzle with cream. Just like bread pudding!
- Their flavors like carrot spice and banana really tap into our main muffin/cake cravings (which is why i recommend getting their sampler).
- The sweetener they use is 100% organic erythritol which is something I’ve given the thumbs-up to in the past. It’s a completely natural sweetener that for most people has no effect on blood sugar and is the easiest on your belly.
- Nush cakes are not overly/fake sweet. The banana bread, for example, is about on par with your average banana bread, which suits me fine.
- I also love the fact that they’re really satisfying, thanks to the combination of protein (5-6g), fat (10-11g), and fiber (5-6g).
- You can bring them wherever you go. THIS IS HUGE. How nice is it to just be able to grab something and drive to work, or wherever you’re going? This is a breakfast game-changer for me!
And OMG have you SEEN this recipe for Cheesecake Carrot Cake Trifle? I’ve died and gone to keto heaven.
And just so you know, it’s not just me! Nush cakes have been featured in the KetoKrate and Low Carb Traveler, among others, and Jimmy Moore of Livin’ La Vida Low Carb loves them, too. And when they made their first appearance at the Natural Foods Expo in Anaheim, back in March, they were named one of the “top 10 innovate and on-trend” products to come out of the show! That’s out of tens of thousand of products.
Finally, if you’ll use the promo code “wickedstuffed” when you order, they’ll know this recommendation came from me, which I appreciate, and you’ll get 10% off your order! I very highly recommend you try these cakes!