When you’re living the low carb life, it’s smart to have dishes you enjoy that you can bring to a gathering, because it could be the only thing you want to eat when you get there (cue: chips, cookies, cake.)
This year for the Super Bowl, I put together a ridiculously delicious spread of low carb party food. Our guests were actually either a) on keto too, or b) diabetic so it worked out great although I think anybody would have been pleased. We actually got a roll of pretzel bread for the fondue in case somebody else wanted it, but nobody touched it.
Here’s what we had in the spread:
- Deviled eggs (eggs, mayo, a pinch of mustard powder and a dash of paprika)
- Trader Joe’s Herby Brie Cheese Fondue (plus veggies)
- Buffalo Chicken Cream Cheese Fondue (16oz cream cheese, 1 cup Frank’s red hot, 1 cup ranch dressing, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, 4 cups shredded chicken – boil it then shred it – add all ingredients to the fondue pot until melted together)
- Skewered chicken tenders with buffalo sauce and bleu cheese to dip (seasoned + cooked at 375 for 20 minutes)
- Crockpot steak tips (3.5lbs steak tips, cut into 2-inch cubes and seared on the stove. Then added to crockpot w/ 1/2 cup Worcestershire, 1/2 cup low carb BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup Italian dressing. Cooked in crockpot for 5 hrs on high).
- A fruit salad made of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- A cheese plate, almonds, and macadamia nuts
- Horseradish cheese dip
I found this whole spread to be ridiculously easy to prepare. It didn’t involve me spending the whole day in the kitchen like I usually do, I was able to prepare everything sufficiently ahead of time and enjoy the game with our guests.
Here are a few other recipes I’d like to try in the future if I needed to feed more guests (this was more than sufficient for four people!)
Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls (minus the brown sugar)
If you have a recipe for a favorite low carb party food, do share!