Wicked Good Dijon Steak & Cheese (Low Carb, Keto, Breadless)
A keto friendly, creamy steak and cheese mashup with a touch of dijon for added amazingness. This Dijon Steak & Cheese perfect for lunch or dinner, and even breakfast if you add it to an egg scramble. Delicious!
Truthfully, I was never a steak and cheese gal until I met my husband, who introduced me to the secret ingredient of any good steak and cheese: mayonnaise. Who knew?? Now it’s one of our lunchtime staples, and it can be one of yours too! It stores and freezes pretty well, so feel free to make some for dinner and save leftovers for lunch. Oh, and it’s amazing in an egg scramble! Try it!
I’ve been making this quick and easy dijon steak & cheese lunch recipe for so long that it never even occurred to me to put it up on the blog. That was, until today when I posted the photo on Instagram and got an immediate influx of likes. (Yeah, that’s basically where I make all my “should I blog it” decisions, so follow me!) And enjoy!
Wicked Good Dijon Steak & Cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 6g Net Carbs| 963 Calories | 87g Fat | 7g Carbs | 45g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 1 lb shaved steak
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp olive oil; I use garlic olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (homemade or storebought)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 slices American cheese
- On medium-low heat, add ghee to a large frying pan.
- When melted, add onions and green peppers. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes) then add garlic and shaved steak.
- Cook until browned all the way through, then turn heat down to low.
- Add mayonnaise and dijon and mix. Add American cheese on top of the steak and let melt for about 60 seconds. Mix together until cheese is melted throughout. Enjoy!