Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup
Chicken, bacon, and ranch go together like oranges and cinnamon, or mozzarella and pepperoni. Those three flavors just take anything you’ll eat, to the next level. This Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch recipe all starts with my easy to make Keto Bechamel sauce which helps add a rich and creamy texture and a healthy dose of fats to this flavorful soup. Another secret ingredient is ranch dressing. You can make your own or use a clean store-bought version that you enjoy.
Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup Recipe
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes| Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 4g Net Carbs| 453 Calories | 35g Fat | 4g Carbs | 21g Protein | 0g Fiber
For the Bechamel:
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (you can also use bone broth, just season to taste)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
For the soup:
- 6 slices, chopped bacon
- 1/2 medium, diced onion
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (Tessie Mae’s or Primal Kitchen make good ones but you can also make your own)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups, shredded or cubed chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese (used this to thicken the soup to your desired consistency if you don’t like it brothy)
- Make my Keto Bechamel recipe to create the base of this soup.
- In the bottom of a medium saucepan, add chopped bacon and cook until they begin to crisp. Reserve a tablespoon for garnish, then add onions so they cook in the bacon grease, and cook until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add prepared Bechamel sauce, ranch dressing, chicken broth and combine.
- Add cheddar and mix until smooth and to your desired consistency. If it gets too thick, add more broth. Too thin, add more cheese.
- Add chicken and cook for another 3-5 minutes until hot.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions.