Did I just use “sugar” in the title of a keto recipe? Yes I did, and yes I know that makes me a dick. If was triggering for you and now you’re binging on black lava salted caramels, I apologize.
But if you’ll forgive me for about nine minutes, I’ll give you one of your new favorite desserts. Or breakfast. I won’t judge.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar-free vanilla bean sweetener syrup (I used Torani)
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted but not hot
- 2 tbsp organic cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup mixed berries (chopped strawberries, blueberries and/or raspberries)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp sugar-free brown sugar syrup (I used Torani)
- In a single-serving blender, blend the eggs, sweetener, ghee and cream cheese until smooth.
- Scrape into a small microwave-safe bowl or regular-sized mug.
- Stir in the almond flour, then stir in the berries.
- Microwave the batter on high for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the single-serve blender, then add the heavy cream and brown sugar sweetener.
- Blend until you can see the mixture stiffen and stop blending.
- Voila, whipped cream!
- When the mug cake is done, let it cool for a minute or so, then add the whipped cream and enjoy!
- 1). If you don't have softened ghee or cream cheese, use the microwave to nuke them for 10 seconds or so until they're soft but not hot enough to cook the eggs when you pour it in. You should be fine, I do this all the time.
- 2). If you don't have brown sugar sweetener, no biggie, regular plain whipped cream works fine, or add some of the vanilla!
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)