Keto Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust
Pie is best when simplified. For this recipe I tested about a dozen different versions trying to get fancy, it turned out there was just nothing better than a simple, good old-fashioned, well-spiced pumpkin pie…with cream cheese. Because cream cheese.
Keto Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 20 minutes| Cooking Time: 1 hour total | Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 5g Net Carbs| 368 Calories | 35g Fat | 10g Carbs | 10g Protein | 5g Fiber
Recipe Tip: This pie tends to cook on top long before the middle cooks, so just make sure you judge doneness by how clean your fork is when you poke it.
- 2 cups, chopped walnuts
- 5 tbsp, melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup, softened cream cheese
- 4, large eggs
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp sugar-free vanilla sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9”pie dish.
- In a single-serve blender, blend nuts and butter in pulse mode for just a few seconds so they blend and mash but don’t turn into walnut butter.
- Spread the walnut mixture over the pie dish, covering the bottom and pushing up the sides as well to fully cover the dish.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, until the shell begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine pumpkin, cream cheese, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and sweetener.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until you can put in a fork and it comes out clean. (Oven times may vary.)
- Let cool and serve with homemade whipped cream.
This recipe comes from my holiday cookbook, Keto All the Way!