Wicked Western Keto Scramble
Whenever I have leftover ham from the holidays I love to make this Wicked Good Western Keto Scramble recipe. It’s a delicious spin on the classic western omelet that uses my versatile Everything but the Kitchen Sink Scramble Keto Seasoning Blend. I recommend making the spice mix ahead of time to have on hand. It’s great in this scramble, but it also adds a delicious kick to fried eggs and grilled meats or vegetables. It can be found in my best-selling cookbook, The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
Wicked Western Keto Scramble Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes |Cooking Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 4g Net Carbs| 366 Calories | 26g Fat | 6g Carbs | 23g Protein | 2g Fiber
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup, chopped ham
- 1/8 cup, chopped yellow onion
- 1/8 cup, chopped red bell pepper
- 1/8 cup, chopped green bell pepper
- 1/8 cup, chopped yellow pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1-2 tsp. Everything But The Kitchen Sink Scramble Spice Mix
- 1 1/8 cup heavy cream (optional)
- In a medium bowl, crack eggs, and beat with a whisk. You can add heavy cream for a fluffier scramble in this step if you’re dairy-friendly, but ultimately we’re using the ghee for flavor in the next step. Add spice mix and beat again until well mixed.
- Over medium-high heat, melt ghee in a medium skillet.
- Once melted, add ham, diced peppers, and onions to the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add then add the egg mixture.
- Let cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to form, then use a spatula to “scramble” the mixture, and keep doing this until the whole dish is cooked through.
- Add cheddar cheese to top and let melt, then toss and remove from burner.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with whatever fresh herbs suit you.