|Have you heard? I have a new book coming out that I authored with Rachel Gregory, a board-certified Nutrition Specialist, Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach. It's called the 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge: Recipes and Workouts for a Slimmer, Healthier You and it's available for pre-order now.|
This weekend I had the biggest hankering for something in a lemon pepper cream sauce, and I’m such a huge fan of mascarpone cheese these days that a broccoli alfredo fried pizza sounded like it would hit the spot.
I know I say this all the time, but this is my new favorite recipe. Next time I’d love to add some chicken and call it a dinner!
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/3 cup steamed, chopped broccoli heads
- Shaved asiago cheese to taste
- Heat a medium non-stick pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and wait until it's hot and shimmers.
- Add pizza cheese blend first, form into a circle (pizza blend is less likely to stick to the pan)
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top and form into a circle.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until it gets crispy and you can easily slide a spatula under all the edges and can slide the crust onto a plate to cool.
- Add mascarpone cheese, ghee, heavy cream, garlic, lemon pepper and salt to the hot pan, and cook until melted and begins to bubble, then remove from heat so it doesn't break.
- Drizzle half the mixture over the crust.
- Add the chopped, steamed broccoli to the other half.
- Cook for about 1 minute until hot and bubbling.
- Add the broccoli to the pizza.
- Sprinkle shaved asiago cheese and extra lemon pepper seasoning over the top (optional)
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)