This weekend I had the biggest hankering for something in a lemon pepper cream sauce, and I’m such a huge fan of mascarpone cheese these days that a broccoli alfredo fried pizza sounded like it would hit the spot.
I know I say this all the time, but this is my new favorite recipe. Next time I’d love to add some chicken and call it a dinner!
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/3 cup steamed, chopped broccoli heads
- Shaved asiago cheese to taste
- Heat a medium non-stick pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and wait until it's hot and shimmers.
- Add pizza cheese blend first, form into a circle (pizza blend is less likely to stick to the pan)
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top and form into a circle.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until it gets crispy and you can easily slide a spatula under all the edges and can slide the crust onto a plate to cool.
- Add mascarpone cheese, ghee, heavy cream, garlic, lemon pepper and salt to the hot pan, and cook for five minutes until bubbling.
- Drizzle half the mixture over the crust.
- Add the chopped, steamed broccoli to the other half.
- Cook for about 1 minute until hot and bubbling.
- Add the broccoli to the pizza.
- Sprinkle shaved asiago cheese and extra lemon pepper seasoning over the top (optional)
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)