The first time I tried a Nush cake, it was lemon poppyseed, I was ecstatic. Here, in front of me, was a keto-friendly snack, in travel-friendly wrapping that actually tasted like the lemon poppyseed muffin I hadn’t been able to indulge in guilt-free until this moment. Then I warmed it up and added butter (for good measure) and I think I melted as quickly as the butter did. I thought, WOW, I need to partner with these guys! Their cakes are SO GOOD!
And so for my July sponsor, I bring you my newest favorite Keto snack Nush Foods! I can’t tell you how excited I am! These snack cakes are AWESOME. I haven’t found anything with the same moist, muffin/cake-like texture on the market so far, you’ll have a fairly hard time telling the difference, especially if you’ve been on the wagon a while!
Oh and by the way, for the month of July, if you use the code “wickedstuffed,” you’ll get 20% off your order, which is GREAT deal!
So let me run down the list of all the reasons why I love Nush cakes!
- They are 2-3 net carbs, depending on the cake.
- Ingredients are straightforward. For example, here are the ingredients for the lemon poppyseed cakes: water, organic flaxseed, organic erythritol, organic egg, organic glycerin, organic canola oil, organic citric acid, natural flavors, organic poppy seed, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), sea salt, organic soy lecithin, organic rosemary extract.
- You can make your own edits! For instance, the folks at Nush recommended putting a little low-carb cream cheese frosting (just cream cheese, non-sugar sweetener, and a drop of vanilla extract) on top of the Carrot Spice cake. Now we have dessert, my friends!
- An even simpler tweak is to zap one of the Cocoa cakes for about 15 second and then top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Or zap one of the Banana Walnut cakes until it’s nice and warm and drizzle with cream. Just like bread pudding!
- Their flavors, lemon poppyseed, carrot spice, cocoa and banana really tap into our main muffin/cake cravings (which is why i recommend getting their sampler).
- The sweetener they use is 100% organic erythritol which is something I’ve given the thumbs-up to in the past. It’s a completely natural sweetener that has no effect on your blood sugar and is the easiest on your belly.
- Nush cakes are not super-sweet. The banana bread, for example, is about on par with your average banana bread, which suits me fine.
- I also love the fact that they’re really satisfying, thanks to the combination of protein (5-6g), fat (10-11g), and fiber (5-6g).
- You can bring them wherever you go. THIS IS HUGE. How nice is it to just be able to grab something and drive to work, or wherever you’re going? This is a breakfast game-changer for me!
And OMG have you SEEN this recipe for Cheesecake Carrot Cake Trifle? I’ve died and gone to keto heaven.
And just so you know, it’s not just me! Nush cakes have been featured in the KetoKrate and Low Carb Traveler, among others, and Jimmy Moore of Livin’ La Vida Low Carb loves them, too. And when they made their first appearance at the Natural Foods Expo in Anaheim, back in March, they were named one of the “top 10 innovate and on-trend” products to come out of the show! That’s out of tens of thousand of products.
Finally, if you’ll use the promo code “wickedstuffed” when you order, they’ll know this recommendation came from me, which I appreciate, and you’ll get 20% off your order! I very highly recommend you try these cakes!
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)