Sugar-Free Strawberry Chia Jam
Chia seeds are the hidden gem of thickening when it comes to jams and jellies. Since I love a good jelly on my keto cheese plates, I wanted to make sure there was a perfect topping for my cheddars and parmesans to play with. That’s when my sugar-free strawberry chia jam was born.
Sugar-Free Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
Servings: 24 – 2tbsp servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes| Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes plus cooling time
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs| 23 Calories | 0g Fat | 3g Carbs | 1g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 large or 3 small fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup 1 to 1 sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Remove stems and roughly chop your strawberries and basil. I like to leave strawberries about a half inch around for a batch with thicker pieces because it pairs better with cheese, but if you’re using it for another purpose, cut them as small as you’d like them to appear in your final jam.
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, add strawberries, basil, water, and lemon juice, and bring to a simmer.
- Add sweetener and cinnamon, and mix. Let simmer over medium-low heat for about ten minutes (the mixture should reduce and thicken).
- Add chia seeds, mix, and remove from heat. Let cool for at least 20 minutes, and you’ll see the chia seeds expand and the mixture thicken as it cools.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.