All of the flavors of a green bean casserole laid out on a baking sheet for all to see. Get green with your beans and full on your fats from a sincerely delicious portion of crispy bacon. Garnish with slivered almonds for extra crunch.
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) green beans, trimmed
- 1 (12 ounce) package of bacon (about 14 slices), chopped.
- 1/4 white onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet (or two, so that the veggies don’t overlap too much) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, bacon, onion, oil, almonds, and garlic powder and toss to coat. Spread the mixture out in an even layer on the baking sheet(s). Sprinkle the salt and pepper generously over everything.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
To avoid nut allergies, simply skip the slivered almonds.
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: Green Bean Casserole