Roasted Garlic Walnut Pesto
Walnuts have considerably fewer carbs than pine nuts (11 versus 18 per cup) and they add a welcome nuttiness to this roasted garlic walnut pesto. This sauce is really a simple one to make and it goes perfectly with freshly made zucchini noodles. If you’ve never made zoodles before, head on over and read my post about the best spiralizer for zoodles.
Roasted Garlic Walnut Pesto Recipe
Servings: 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes| Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 210 Calories | 4g Fat | 1g Carbs | 3g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic cream
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, walnuts, garlic cream, lemon juice, and salt to break down the basil leaves. Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse to combine. Add the olive oil and pulse to combine. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
In the mood for other recipes with a robust Italian flavor? Try my Sweet Sausage Stuffed Banana Peppers recipe.
This recipe comes from my cookbook, The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.