I highly recommend using a stand mixer for this, you can use it for the meringue, frosting, and cake to make for easy cleanup.
Making the meringues:
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper so that the meringues remove easily when cooked. Add room-temp egg whites into stand mixer and mix on high until it gets white and frothy, then add cream of tartar to stabilize, add Everly’s Fruit Punch drink mix, and continue mixing on high until it forms stiff peaks and looks a bit glossy. Then spoon into a piping bag, cut off the tip (or use a tip if you have one) and squeeze into little dollops as shown, making individual meringues. Bake for about 30 minutes, then remove and let cool.
Making the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In your mixer, add butter, Everly’s Grape drink mix and mix until it looks a bit like whipped cream.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- In the meantime, line mini muffin/cupcake tin and spray. When smooth, fill the tin with your cake mix, mostly to the top because they don’t rise all that much.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until you poke it with a fork and it comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Making the frosting:
- In your mixer (cleaned first), combine all your frosting ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add into a piping bag and use a fancy tip or just use scissors to cut the tip.
Now, just pipe frosting on top of all your cupcakes and add a meringue on top, and enjoy!