Mom’s Slow Cooker Breakfast Bake
This recipe is great for a simple Sunday breakfast as long as someone is willing to get up early to prepare it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 lbs ground sausage
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of bacon
- In a skillet, cook bacon to crisp, cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Using the same skillet with the bacon grease, sizzle chopped red peppers and onions for about 3 minutes. Then add sausage to skillet with veggies and brown into crumbles.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Scramble with a whisk until smooth.
- In a slow cooker, add sausage mixture to the bottom.
- Then top with 2 cups of cheese.
- Then top with bacon.
- Then top with egg mixture.
- Then top with 2 cups of cheese once more.
- Cook on high for at least 2 hours or until middle reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 518
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 34g
Keywords: slow cooker breakfast