A taste of Cajun country comes with this delightful cajun seasoned chicken with spaghetti squash pasta in a delicious cream sauce.
- 4 small chicken breasts (.5lb each)
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- a few cranks of cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half. Remove the seeds and discard.
- Put the squash cut side down in a glass baking dish with a little bit of water. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until cooked. Use a fork to loosen the “noodles” and put aside.
- Pound your chicken breast until it’s about 1 inch tall and flat (If you don’t have a meat tenderizer you can use a cast iron pan)
- Add 2 tbsp cajun seasoning to chicken and coat. In a large pan, heat up some olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken to the pan and cover. Flip after about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up cream, butter, garlic salt, 1tsp cajun seasoning, and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper in a separate medium-sized pan over medium heat. When it begins to boil, add spaghetti squash and reduce to a simmer over medium-low. The sauce should reduce about in half over the course of 20 minutes while your chicken cooks (and thicken even more as it cools).
- Once chicken reaches 180 degrees, remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Since you’re cooking over medium heat, it should brown nicely, but not burn.
- Turn heat off your noodles too. The sauce should stick to the squash but there may be some remaining liquid. Let cool while the chicken rests (sauce will thicken even more with cooling)
- Cut chicken into slices.
- Once your chicken and squash are ready to plate and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Pasta