I don’t know if I invented keto cereal back when I first started keto in the summer of 2012, but I’ve certainly enjoyed its many variations, including my updated keto cereal and my pumpkin keto cereal.
Well, today I’m going crazy and adding a new one, which I’m dubbing my trail mix keto cereal recipe. I could eat this every day.
- 1/2 a cup of keto cereal
- 1 large strawberry (sliced)
- 8–10 Emerald Nuts dark chocolate cocoa roast almonds
- unsweetened almond milk (I chose coconut almond milk)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you have parchment paper, line a cookie sheet with it, if you don’t, grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil. Or, come up with your own no-stick option.
- Pour the coconut flakes onto the cookie sheet (use two if you want) making a single layer. I usually use a whole bag of Bob’s Red Mill Flaked Coconut and return all of them back to the bag once they’ve cooled to save for later. They last months.
- Cook in the oven for five minutes, watching the whole time.
- Shuffle the flakes around and keep cooking until they’re all a little tan and lightly toasted.
- Take out the flakes.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you want to use Stevia, sprinkle VERY lightly. Taste test until they’re how you like them.
- TO MAKE YOUR TRAIL MIX: Put a 1/2 cup of the toasted cereal in a cup with 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, one large sliced strawberry, and 8-10 almonds. I liked the Emerald Nuts dark chocolate cocoa roast almonds. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Trail Mix Keto Cereal