And now that this low-carb, grain-free and full-of-awesome fried keto pizza is basically one of my lunch staples, I thought it was about time to introduce the combo into the limelight of my lunches, and onto your plates.
For the pizza crust:
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (naturally low carb preferred, 3–4 net carbs or less)
- Grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Pizza/Italian seasonings (to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil
For the pizza toppings:
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- cooked and crumbled sausage or chopped up breakfast patties
- chopped yellow onions
- chopped banana peppers
- Preheat your broiler to 500 degrees F
- Heat a good non-stick pan (I used ceramic) up to medium heat and add the garlic oil.
- When the oil coats the pan and is shiny, add your mozzarella (it should start sizzling right away).
- Use a spatula to spread the cheese evenly and round the corners, like a pizza.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes while it melts and starts to become dark around the edges.
- Once all the cheese has melted and it’s starting to brown, add the tomato sauce and spread around lightly with a spoon.
- Cook for another minute or so.
- Use a spatula and start sliding it around the edges of the pizza, and then underneath just to de-stick it from the pan, but not trying to lift it off the pan.
- Once the pizza is free from the pan, tip your pan and slide your pizza onto a foil-lined pan (you can use your spatula to guide it)
- Sprinkle your grated cheese and pizza seasonings.
- Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella, sausage, onions and banana peppers (to taste).
- Put in the oven for about a minute or two until toppings are hot.
- Let sit for about two minutes, while the cheese hardens and becomes crust-like.
- Cut into fours, and enjoy!
By the way, one thing that I’ve learned since my Rhode Island Fried Keto Pizza recipe is that there are two ways to make the perfect crust made of cheese:
- Use a good non-stick pan (I use ceramic)
- Cook on medium – if you cook it too hot, it will cook too fast and burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Don’t lift until it wants to be lifted. You’ll see what I mean.
- Category: Lunch
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 781
- Fat: 68g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 43g
Keywords: Fried Keto Pizza