Grain-Free Fried Pizza w/Pesto-Mozzarella
Grain-Free Fried Pizza is my new favorite thing. It would be an understatement to tell you that I’ve been “taste-testing” this recipe to make it perfect.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
- Total Time: 10-12 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
- Category: Lunch
For the pizza crust:
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup naturally low carb tomato sauce (I use Mezzetta or Rao)
- Grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Pizza/Italian seasonings (to taste)
For the pizza toppings:
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 small mozzarella balls (sliced into four slices)
- Preheat your broiler to 500 degrees F
- Heat a good non-stick pan (I used ceramic) up to medium heat and add the garlic oil.
- When the oil coats the pan and is shiny, add your mozzarella (it should start sizzling right away).
- Use a spatula to spread the cheese evenly and round the corners, like a pizza.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes while it melts and starts to become dark around the edges.
- Once all the cheese has melted and it’s starting to brown, add the tomato sauce and spread around lightly with a spoon.
- Cook for another minute or so.
- Use a spatula and start sliding it around the edges of the pizza, and then underneath just to de-stick it from the pan, but not trying to lift it off the pan.
- Once the pizza is free from the pan, tip your pan and slide your pizza onto a foil-lined pan (you can use your spatula to guide it)
- Sprinkle your grated cheese and pizza seasonings.
- Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella, a few dollops of pesto, and mozzarella slices
- Put in the oven for about a minute or two until toppings are hot.
- Let sit for about two minutes, while the cheese hardens and becomes crust-like.
- Cut and enjoy!
One thing that I’ve learned since my first Grain-Free Fried Pizza recipe is that there are three ways to make the perfect crust made of cheese:
- Use a good non-stick pan (I use ceramic)
- Cook on medium – if you cook it too hot, it will cook too fast and burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Don’t lift until it wants to be lifted. You’ll see what I mean.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 886
- Fat: 75g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 46g
Keywords: Grain-Free Fried Pizza