Grain-Free Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
I love meals that can be prepared in advance, and these Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a perfect dish to make ahead to portion out for low-carb lunches or a quick dinner
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- 4 green peppers
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb shaved beef steak
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the tops off the green peppers, and place them in the oven, on a baking sheet to cook for about 10 minutes. Cut around the stem of the green pepper tops (discard those), and chop up the extra green pepper that’s left.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add salted butter, and once melted, add onions, green peppers, and garlic, cooking for about two minutes.
- Add shaved steak to the pan, then generously salt and pepper the meat. Brown the meat until fully cooked, chopping with your spatula as you go. Add 1 slice of cheese, and mix until melted. Remove from heat, and toss with mayonnaise and dijon mustard.
- Take the green peppers out of the oven when they’re soft, but not too soft to stuff. There should be some juice in the bottom of the shells, don’t dump it, it adds flavor!
- Spoon steak mixture into the green pepper shells, then top each with a slice of cheese. Add back into the oven to broil for about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking, then serve hot.
If you enjoy the meat and only nibble on the pepper, these Keto Philly Cheesesteaks are just 1 net carb each!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers