If you’ve been craving pasta, like I do every once in a while (I used to crave it every day!) this recipe will help you out.
- 3 yellow (summer) squash
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp, minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup, chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 1/2 of a lemon
Add to taste:
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Chop the ends off the three summer squash, and use a vegetable peeler to peel long, full strips from the beginning to end of each squash. Keep rotating the squash until you’ve worked your way down to where you can start seeing seeds and then stop – this is usually about three rotations.
- Toss the squash strips in a bowl with a few shakes of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add olive oil to your cast iron pan and put it on medium-high heat for a few minutes until it shimmers. If you don’t have cast iron, use a regular frying pan. While the cast iron pan is heating, chop garlic, parsley, and almonds on the same cutting board and put them in a bowl.
- Toss the squash into the cast iron skillet for about two minutes until they are al dente.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the garlic, parsley, almond, and salt. Toss in the pan.
- Squeeze the half lemon over the keto pasta dish, careful not to drop in any seedlings. Taste and salt as necessary, and serve hot!
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Keto Pasta