This Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch recipe all starts with my easy to make Keto Bechamel sauce which helps add a rich and creamy texture and a healthy dose of fats to this flavorful soup. Another secret ingredient is ranch dressing. You can make your own or use a clean store-bought version that you enjoy.
For the Bechamel:
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (you can also use bone broth, just season to taste)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
For the soup:
- 6 slices, chopped bacon
- 1/2 medium, diced onion
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (Tessie Mae’s or Primal Kitchen make good ones but you can also make your own)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups, shredded or cubed chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese (used this to thicken the soup to your desired consistency if you don’t like it brothy)
- Make my Keto Bechamel recipe to create the base of this soup.
- In the bottom of a medium saucepan, add chopped bacon and cook until they begin to crisp. Reserve a tablespoon for garnish, then add onions so they cook in the bacon grease, and cook until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add prepared Bechamel sauce, ranch dressing, chicken broth and combine.
- Add cheddar and mix until smooth and to your desired consistency. If it gets too thick, add more broth. Too thin, add more cheese.
- Add chicken and cook for another 3-5 minutes until hot.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions.
- Category: Soups
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: Chicken Bacon Ranch