This keto chicken recipe hails from my favorite weekly food subscription, Plated. It’s super simple and it was delicious. It has basic ingredients: chicken, lemon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
I did make the whole recipe for P and I, which was not keto-friendly (grapes roasted with shallots and balsamic vinegar) but I ate the chicken and added a baby arugula salad tossed w/ olive oil + lemon juice as a side.
According to my recipe card, “cooking en Papillote is a French method in which food is sealed in a parchment pouch and baked.” Pure genius. I’ve never cooked chicken in a bag before, but I will now! This super simple chicken came out as moist and delicious as ever.
Here are the ingredients for two servings:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- parchment paper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season your chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Slice the lemon into four rounds.
3. Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, almost double the length of the pan.
4. Lay down the chicken and top each with two rounds of lemon. Place two sprigs of thyme on each of the lemons.
5. Fold the edges of the parchment around the chicken, so that all sides are rolled up and sealed. The process includes steaming the chicken, so make sure everything is sealed!
6. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 180 degrees. I stuck a thermometer right through the paper after 30 minutes to take the temperature without opening the “bag”.
7. Open the papillotes carefully, watch out for steam! Now, plate and enjoy!
Thanks again to Plated for another amazing dinner. I did try one of the roasted grapes and they were out of this world. Unfortunately, a serving was 16 carbs, so I stuck to my chicken. I also added a baby arugula salad and squeezed a lemon over it, added a little olive oil and crushed some salt over it. Another delish and simple recipe I learned from Plated. I swear they don’t pay me to say these things. 🙂