This past week my little neck of Rhode Island got a few feet of snow. With the snow drifts caused by wind, there were parts of the driveway we shoveled that were almost over our heads. I’m not especially tall, but that’s a lot of snow!
After the second day of snow and wind, and shoveling and then re-shoveling the snow when it blew back into place (us New Englanders shovel every couple of hours during a storm!) I thought I deserved some damn hot chocolate!
Also, get yourself some Dagoba Organic 73% Cacao Chocodrops. They’re the bomb and have only 5 netcarbs for 15 large chips.
So I cooked up this little recipe, and it was lovely. It has 5 total net carbs, all from the dark chocolate chips.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
- 1 tbsp Dagoba Organic 73% Cacao Chocodrops (about 15 large chips)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (or shea butter - yum!)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Bring the coconut almond milk to a steaming simmer over medium heat
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until completely dissolved and smooth (may take a few minutes)
- Add the coconut oil or shea butter
- Pour into a mug and top with heavy cream.
- Mix and enjoy!
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)