As you may very well know, I love me some Nush cakes. The lemon poppyseed is my favorite snack ever, and there are barely any keto snacks out there that I can throw in a bag and eat that isn’t dried meat or a snack bar, so this is a fun treat for in between that makes you forget you are even eating differently than everyone else.
This spring they are coming out with some new flavors: blueberry, cherry almond, pineapple mango, and peanut butter– and since they are my sponsor this month, I got to try them! (In fact, shhhh… you may get to also, if you sign up for their mailing list via the email sign up box on this page!) Also use the promo code “wickedstuffed” if you order.
The verdict is in: they’re great!
The blueberry flavor is my favorite, because it’s as close to a blueberry muffin as you can get on keto. I like to heat it up and add a little butter to it, or not heat it up and still add butter to it.
The pineapple and cherry almond flavors both have the most amazing scent when you open the packet and taste exactly how you’d expect. I love how moist all of the cakes are, like I said, you’d never know you were eating keto at all!
Finally the peanut butter has a great peanut butter flavor, and if I was smooshing two together for a keto ice cream sandwich or something (it’s easy, make whipped cream, shape it on some parchment into a square, freeze it, then add it in between the cakes and freeze again!) I would pair it with their chocolate one to make a nice treat.
These flavors aren’t available yet, but they are counting on March or April. In the meantime, you can use my code “wickedstuffed” to save 20% on their current flavors, like lemon poppyseed, carrot spice cake, banana nut and cocoa — a FINE line up of flavors!
Now let me repeat, all the reasons why I love Nush cakes!
- They are 2-3 net carbs, depending on the cake.
- The ingredients are straightforward.
- You can make your own edits! For instance, the folks at Nush recommended putting a little low-carb cream cheese frosting (just cream cheese, non-sugar sweetener, and a drop of vanilla extract) on top of the Carrot Spice cake. Now we have dessert, my friends!
- An even simpler tweak is to zap one of the Cocoa cakes for about 15 second and then top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Or zap one of the Banana Walnut cakes until it’s nice and warm and drizzle with cream. Just like bread pudding!
- Their flavors, lemon poppyseed, carrot spice, cocoa and banana really tap into our main muffin/cake cravings (which is why i recommend getting their sampler).
- The sweetener they use is 100% organic erythritol which is something I’ve given the thumbs-up to in the past. It’s a completely natural sweetener that has no effect on your blood sugar and is the easiest on your belly.
- Nush cakes are not super-sweet. The banana bread, for example, is about on par with your average banana bread, which suits me fine.
- I also love the fact that they’re really satisfying, thanks to the combination of protein (5-6g), fat (10-11g), and fiber (5-6g).
- You can bring them wherever you go. THIS IS HUGE. How nice is it to just be able to grab something and drive to work, or wherever you’re going? This is a breakfast game-changer for me!
Nush cakes have been featured in the KetoKrate and Low Carb Traveler, among others, and Jimmy Moore of Livin’ La Vida Low Carb loves them, too. And when they made their first appearance at the Natural Foods Expo in Anaheim last March, they were named one of the “top 10 innovate and on-trend” products to come out of the show! That’s out of tens of thousand of products.
Don’t forget to use the promo code “wickedstuffed” when you order, they’ll know this recommendation came from me, which I appreciate, and you’ll get 20% off your order! I very highly recommend you try these cakes!
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)