I’m working on updating Keto Life right now with a VERY fancy new edition (buy a copy and you’ll get the update for free!) and a new chapter I’m adding is on drinks. So I thought I’d give you a little sneak peek with a very simple-to-make mocktail. I’ve been drinking it all week from this single recipe. The bonus benefit is that your house will smell AMAZING afterward from the strawberry simple syrup.
- 1 cup water
- 7-10 medium ripe strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1/2 cup Steviva Blend
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Strawberry flavored seltzer water
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring water and strawberries to a boil.
- Once boiling, add branch of thyme and then reduce to a simmer for about ten minutes.
- Add erythritol and melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer (to remove seeds, pulp and stems) into a mason jar.
- Add lime juice and mix, then refrigerate, sealed, until cold.
- To drink, mix 3-4 tbsp of the syrup with 1 cup of seltzer. Should make about 4-5 servings.
- This equates to about 1 net carbs per serving. Although alcohol isn't entirely keto-friendly, you can add a dry white wine for an additional 5 net carbs.
Disclosure: I'm not a nutritionist or a medical professional. The recipes and articles on this blog should not replace the advice of your doctor. Also, I only recommend products that I have used and love, but in these cases I may use Amazon.com affiliate links, which means I get paid a small commission if you buy the product. A girl's gotta pay for all these ingredients you know! :)