Keto Spritzer w/ Strawberry Thyme & Lime
I’m working on updating Keto Life right now with a VERY fancy new edition (buy a copy and you’ll get the update for free!) and a new chapter I’m adding is on drinks. So I thought I’d give you a little sneak peek with a very simple-to-make keto spritzer. I’ve been drinking it all week from this single recipe. The bonus benefit is that your house will smell AMAZING afterward from the strawberry simple syrup.
This keto spritzer is a refreshing juicy mix of strawberry and lime, infused with the flavor of thyme is perfect for an afternoon on the back porch in the summer. And it’s sugar-free! It’s about 1 net carb per serving. Although alcohol isn’t entirely keto-friendly, you can add a dry white wine for an additional 5 net carbs.
Strawberry Thyme & Lime Spritzer
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 3g Net Carbs| 24 Calories | 0g Fat | 4g Carbs | 0g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 1 cup of water
- 7-10 medium ripe strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1/2 cup Steviva Blend
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Strawberry flavored seltzer water
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water and strawberries to a boil.
- Once boiling, add a branch of thyme and then reduce to a simmer for about ten minutes.
- Add erythritol and melt about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer (to remove seeds, pulp, and stems) into a mason jar.
- Add lime juice and mix, then refrigerate, sealed, until cold.
- To drink, mix 3-4 tbsp of the syrup with 1 cup of seltzer. Should make about 4-5 servings.
If you’re looking for more amazing drinks that are low in carb and high in flavor, read my post about 12 Low-carb Smoothies and Shakes with 5 Net carbs or less next.